The system of Juvenile Justice in Pennsylvania is based on the concepts expressed by balanced and restorative justice. This concept is based on an understanding that crime is an act against a victim and a community and that restoring victims and communities is a vital part of the process of treating young offenders, decreasing the chances that they will reoffend. More information on Balanced and Restorative Justice.
If you are having difficulty finding the information you need, please Contact DPW.
Use the links below to find information about our Youth Development Center and Youth Forestry Camp facilities. We maintain three regions:
- Loysville Youth Development Center
- South Mountain Secure Treatment Unit
- Youth Forestry Camp #3
- New Castle Youth Development Center
- Cresson Secure Treatment Unit
- North Central Secure Treatment Unit
- Youth Forestry Camp #2